Setting up an online store used to be a difficult and expensive task, but no longer!
With Shopify, small business owners and entrepreneurs have the perfect gateway into selling their products online. By offering everything from hosting to payment processing under one affordable subscription plan, Shopify is setting the standards for successful e-commerce solutions – without breaking your budget.
In this guide we’ll be overviewing the basics of Shopify: what it is, how to set up a store on the platform, pricing information and recommended apps. Let’s get started.
What is Shopify?
Shopify is a leading e-commerce platform that offers third-party website building services to entrepreneurs and businesses of all sizes.
With Shopify, you can easily launch a professional online store with all the tools needed to succeed in e-commerce. This user-friendly platform will help you design and manage your website from scratch – without any prior knowledge or experience! You’ll be able to showcase and sell products, set up carts & payment gateways quickly, so that your business becomes immediately visible on the web.
At the same time, it provides essential analytics and data that helps business owners to make informed decisions, navigate the complexities of the market and generate more revenue.
Also, Shopify’s fees are quite affordable, and their customer service is second to none. Whether you’re just starting out or have a flourishing business, Shopify can offer effortless and secure product selling with unparalleled customer support along the way! It’s no wonder why so many people have chosen it as the perfect platform for taking their businesses up a notch.
How to Start a Shopify Store?
Starting a Shopify store can be a smooth process if you approach it with proper planning and execution. Here are some practical steps to help you get started.
- Step 1: Identify your niche and research your market
Before setting up your Shopify store, you must identify your target audience and research your market. Determine your niche and unique selling points. Do market research to validate if your business idea is profitable and in demand. This step helps you build a comprehensive understanding of what you’ll offer and who your target audience is.
- Step 2: Establish your brand and business identity
Your brand and business identity are essential components when building an online presence. Choose a business name that is memorable and relevant to your brand. Create a logo, color scheme, and design elements that will represent your brand consistently. Establish your brand identity and ensure that it reflects your business’s purpose and values.
- Step 3: Register your business legally
Once you’ve established your brand identity, it’s time to register your business legally. Register your business with the appropriate local government bodies and obtain all necessary licenses and permits. Identify the taxes and contributions you’ll be responsible for and ensure that you comply with all legal obligations.
- Step 4: Set up your Shopify account
Now that you’ve finalized all the legal requirements, it’s time to set up your Shopify account. Go to the Shopify website and click on “Start Free Trial”. Shopify will then take you through the process to help set you up. We’ll look at the step-by-step process of setting up a store in a bit.
How Does Shopify Work?
With Shopify’s wide selection of both physical and digital products, it is the perfect platform for any aspiring ecommerce entrepreneur with a single or multifaceted range of goods to offer. From one product to many services, Shopify stands out as an ideal choice amongst other online marketplaces.
But let’s look at how exactly Shopify works from a practical standpoint:
- When an individual visits your ecommerce website and makes a purchase, the items they order are added to their shopping cart. Here, customers can securely enter payment information as they complete their transaction with you.
- With a Shopify SSL Certificate, your website visitors can securely transmit sensitive data and payment information. The encryption process guarantees that their private details remain confidential at all times. Put simply, an SSL certificate is the safest way to protect online security for both you and your customers.
- Your customer’s data is securely transferred via the payment gateway to purchase their item. Shopify provides its own portal, or you can opt for a third-party provider. Afterward, your customer will receive an email confirming their order and providing them with a receipt – all done seamlessly by your shopping cart software.
- Once an order is placed, you can either manually ship and fulfill the order yourself or use a fulfillment center to do it for you. Many shopping cart platforms offer integrations with third-party fulfillment centers, such as Amazon. Not only does this save time but also provides comprehensive customer support during the transaction process.
- Finally, the money is transferred to a merchant account and then deposited into your business bank account.
How to Use Shopify?
- Make your online presence stand out by customizing it to fit the unique needs of your business.
As a store owner, you want to craft the perfect website for yourself – and Shopify can make that happen! Offering an array of templates, coding worries become obsolete even if knowledge on it is absent. Modifying your logo, text, images, colors and videos with ease allows businesses to design their storefront in-line with branded consistency.
- Utilize this tool to streamline and simplify your business management.
Shopify provides a simple way to manage orders, products and prices, inventory, shipping and more with their easy-to-navigate admin panel. In addition, this platform partners with over 100 payment gateways around the world for flexible yet secure ways of accepting payments from customers – making it ideal for store owners who conduct business on an international scale.
- Supercharge your marketing strategies
Stay informed with your store’s performance by utilizing Shopify analytics tools for metrics such as daily total sales or the number of returning customers. Plus, if you already have social media accounts like Facebook and Instagram, join them up with your online store on Shopify to start selling directly through these platforms!
How to Set Up a Shopify Store
The days of investing in costly servers and labor to create a sluggish ecommerce website are over! Thanks to Shopify, you can quickly launch your ecommerce store with just a few clicks. Best of all, Shopify will handle the server setup and maintenance for you so that you don’t have to worry about it.
To complete your setup on Shopify, follow the below steps:
- Go to “Shopify.com” and select “Start Free Trial” on the home page.
- You’ll get a prompt asking your business needs. You’ll get options to set up such as Online Store, Social Media Page, Online Marketplace and more.
- Select the appropriate options and Shopify will make the process of building your store easy.
- Add your Store’s name in the next prompt and select the location of your business.
- Create a Shopify ID using Email, Google or Facebook.
- Once your ID is created, Shopify will instantly set up your store which you can further modify.
How to Build a Shopify Website
To build your Shopify website, use the following steps:
- Go the “Online Store” option in the left side bar and click on “Customize”
- You can choose to add a theme from the Theme Store or if you have developed a custom coded theme then you can apply it to your store using GitHub.
- You’ll need to pick a plan in order to access all the features of the store without any limitations.
- Once you customize your website based on your needs, you can move on to adding products to your store.
How to Add Products to Shopify
- To add products to your Shopify store, go the “Products” tab in the left side bar and click on “Add Your Products”
- You can manually enter each product and SKU or you can import a CSV file of your existing catalog.
- You may also choose any product sourcing apps to make your job easy. You can do this by clicking on “Find Products to Sell” options in the products tab.
How to Set Up Shopify Shipping
To setup Shopify Shipping,
- Click on the “Settings” tab at the bottom left of your Shopify Admin portal.
- Select “Shipping and Delivery” in the settings menu.
- You can also create a new profile for custom shipping rate or choose the “Manage” option to add existing and domestic shipping information.
How to Fulfill Orders on Shopify
- To fulfill orders, you need to go to the “Orders” option in your admin panel.
- Once you’ve set up the store and the orders start flooding in, you can use the Order tab to keep a track of all incoming orders and fulfill then when you need.
- If you run a PoS store and you need to manually enter an order, you can choose “Drafts” to create an order.
- Cart abandonment is a big problem in the ecommerce industry but thanks to Shopify, you can ease this trend using “Abandoned Checkouts”. You may then be able to send reminder emails to persuade your customers to complete the purchase.
Shopify Price – How Much Does Shopify Cost?
Shopify is one of the most popular e-commerce platforms available today. It provides users with a range of features and tools to set up and run an online store. However, one of the key considerations for users is the cost of using Shopify.
Shopify offers three pricing plans that cater to businesses of different sizes and budgets. The Basic Shopify plan is the cheapest option and costs $39 per month. This plan offers limited features and is suitable for businesses that are just starting and have a small inventory.
The next plan is Shopify, which is priced at $105 per month. This plan offers more features, including gift cards and abandoned cart recovery. It is suitable for businesses that have a medium-sized inventory and want to implement more advanced features.
Finally, there is the Shopify Advanced plan, which is the most expensive option, priced at $399 per month. This plan offers all the features of the previous plans, as well as advanced reporting and third-party calculated shipping rates. It is suitable for larger businesses with a significant inventory and complex shipping requirements.
Additionally, users need to also consider the transaction fees charged by Shopify. For example, the Basic Shopify plan charges a 2.9% + $0.30 fee for each credit card transaction made through the platform. This fee decreases as users move up the pricing plans.
One of the strengths of Shopify is the flexibility it offers in terms of design and integration with other services. This flexibility, combined with the many features offered by the platform, helps businesses create a unique and robust online store.
It is important for users to consider the cost, transaction fees, and features of each plan when choosing the right plan for their business.
Shopify primarily offers three plans: Basic, Shopify, and Advanced. Here’s the plan comparison.
You can also choose to select Shopify Basic (which has very minimal features) or choose Shopify Plus (which has the most advanced features) if you expect substantial revenue each month.
Basic Shopify starts at $39 a month, Shopify at $105 per month, and Advanced Shopify that offers the most comprehensive features for only $399 per month.
You can also choose Shopify Plus for the best Shopify experience, though it’s a bit expensive. If you’re a merchant who makes $1 million in monthly sales, Shopify Plus’s pricing is incredibly competitive: it starts at 0.25% of your total sales volume per month. For those with more standard setups and integrations, the starting price for Shopify Plus is at $2,000 each month.
How much is a Shopify monthly vs yearly plan?
With Shopify yearly plan, you get a 25% discount. So the prices for each pack change as follows: $29/month for the basic, $79/month for Shopify, and $299/month for Advanced. But you’ll have to pay the entire year’s cost upfront. So if you’re ready to do that then you can choose the yearly plan.
How Does Shopify Pay You?
Shopify provides multiple payout methods, including PayPal, Bank Account and Wire Transfer. Depending on your geographical location and the currency of choice for conversion, certain payment options may be available to you.
What are Shopify Apps – An introduction
When you’re getting started with Shopify, one thing you’ll want to consider is how to use Shopify apps and integrations to make your business run more efficiently.
What are Shopify Apps? Put simply, Shopify apps are tools that can help streamline the process of running your store, from marketing and customer service functions to inventory management. Depending on the type of business you have, there can be a wide variety of available options that are designed specifically for different kinds of businesses and industries.
Taking the time to explore these various apps allows you to effectively take advantage of the full power of Shopify when it comes to running your online store smoothly and efficiently. Don’t forget that some popular apps even offer exciting opportunities for customization—so not only can they help you with the practical side of things, but if you choose carefully they can also be used as a way to leave an impression on your customers!
Shopify integrations are a must for any eCommerce store looking to scale up and compete with the big players in the industry. With the vast array of integrations available through Shopify, you can bring your store to life by adding new features, tools, and functionality to boost sales and enhance the customer experience.
One of the most popular integrations for Shopify is Zapier. With Zapier, you can connect Shopify to thousands of other apps, including email marketing, CRM, project management, and automation tools. This means that you can streamline your workflow, automate tedious tasks, and have more time to focus on growing your business. No coding required!
Shopify also offers integration support for various social media channels and advertising platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Google, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more. By integrating your store with these platforms, you can reach more customers, showcase your products, and drive sales through targeted advertising campaigns.
Furthermore, Shopify integrations provide support for analytics tools such as Google Analytics. This integration allows you to track your store’s performance, monitor user behavior, and gain valuable insights that can help you optimize your marketing strategy and improve the overall customer experience.
In addition to these popular options, Shopify offers a wide range of integrations to cater to various business needs. These include payment gateways, shipping and fulfillment, inventory management, reporting & analytics, customer support, and more. By choosing the right integrations for your store, you can create a customized eCommerce platform that suits your brand and business objectives.
With a vast array of options available, you can choose the right integrations for your business needs to automate tasks, streamline the workflow, drive traffic and sales, and gain valuable insights into your customers’ behavior. By integrating your Shopify store with other essential tools and platforms, you can create a seamless, efficient, and profitable eCommerce business.
Best Shopify Apps
Running a successful e-commerce business requires more than just having a great product and an aesthetically pleasing website. One of the most important aspects of a successful online store is using the right tools to improve user experience, streamline processes, and ultimately increase sales. Shopify, one of the leading e-commerce platforms, offers a vast marketplace of apps that can help improve your business. Here are some of the best Shopify apps worth considering:
- PushEngage – PushEngage is a powerful push notification software that delivers targeted messages directly to your visitors. You can customize your messages, segment your audience, and automate your campaigns. Push notifications are proven to be effective in recovering abandoned carts, driving traffic to your website, and increasing conversions.
- Seguno – Seguno is an email marketing app designed specifically for Shopify stores. The app lets you create and send newsletters, abandoned cart emails, and follow-up emails to your customers. Seguno helps you grow your email list, increase customer engagement, and promote your products.
- Plug in SEO – Plug in SEO is an app that provides an automated SEO audit for your Shopify store. The app checks your website for common SEO errors and issues, such as broken links, missing alt tags, and slow page speed. Addressing these issues can help improve your search engine ranking and drive more organic traffic to your website.
- Smile – Smile is a popular referral marketing app that helps you incentivize your customers to refer their friends to your store. You can set up a referral program and offer rewards to customers who successfully refer new customers. Referral marketing is a relatively low-cost way to increase customer acquisition and retention.
- Return Magic – Return Magic is an app that helps you automate your returns process. The app generates prepaid return labels and automates refunds, making it easy for customers to return products they are not satisfied with. By simplifying the returns process, you can improve customer satisfaction and reduce the workload on your customer service team.
- Live Chat – LiveChat is a customer support app that enables you to chat directly with your customers in real-time. The app improves customer satisfaction by providing instant support and answers to their questions. LiveChat also includes useful features such as chatbots, custom chat greetings, and mobile apps.
- Form Builder – Form Builder is an app that lets you create and customize forms for your Shopify store. Forms can be used for various purposes, such as collecting customer feedback, creating contact forms, and processing job applications. The app is user-friendly and includes a drag-and-drop interface, making it easy to design forms that match your brand.
- Referral Candy – If you’re not leveraging a referral program, you might be missing out on some valuable sales. Customers who are passionate about your products will usually tell their friends and family about them – why not reward them for doing so? ReferralCandy is the perfect Shopify application to develop bespoke referral programs for your online shop and maximize profits from satisfied clients.
Shopify Reporting Apps
The success of e-commerce stores largely depends on how efficiently they manage their data and make use of it to improve their operations. Shopify, being one of the most popular e-commerce platforms, offers numerous tools and apps to help merchants optimize their store’s performance.
Among these, reporting apps play a crucial role in providing insights into store data, enabling store owners to make informed decisions. In this article, we will focus on one of the most effective reporting apps for Shopify, Report Pundit.
Report Pundit is a powerful, flexible, and secure reporting app trusted by thousands of Shopify merchants. What sets it apart from other reporting apps is its ability to create tailored reports to address specific reporting needs.
- This means that merchants can generate reports that are highly relevant to their businesses and provide insights into the areas that need improvement.
- The app offers over 100+ pre-built report templates that cover common reporting needs, such as sales, inventory, customer, purchase, and fulfillment reports.
- Additionally, merchants can create custom reports by choosing from more than 250 metrics and filtering options.
- Another significant advantage of Report Pundit is its competitive pricing. The app offers four pricing plans starting from just $9 per month, making it an affordable option for merchants of all sizes. Each pricing plan offers different features, allowing merchants to choose the plan that best suits their reporting needs.
Report Pundit’s user-friendly interface and advanced features make it a top-rated reporting app for Shopify. It offers several useful features such as automated report scheduling, on-demand report generation, and real-time data refresh. Merchants can also easily export reports to different formats, including CSV, Excel, and PDF, and schedule automated reports to be sent directly to their inbox.
One of the most impressive features of Report Pundit is its ability to provide highly accurate and detailed reports instantly. The app’s reporting capabilities are highly advanced, providing over 1000 data fields that merchants can use to gather deep insights into their store’s performance. Additionally, the app supports multi-currency reporting, enabling merchants to view sales data in the currency of their choice.
Another advantage of Report Pundit is its exceptional customer support. The app’s support team provides prompt and helpful responses to any queries and concerns, ensuring that merchants can get the most out of the app’s reporting capabilities.
Use Shopify to Skyrocket Your Online Business
In conclusion, with the ever-increasing importance of online retail, having an efficient and user-friendly e-commerce platform is more important than ever before. Shopify, with its vast array of features and functionalities, can be the perfect solution to take your online business to new heights. As highlighted throughout this article, setting up your Shopify store can be quick and easy, and the platform offers flexible pricing plans to cater to all business types and sizes. Moreover, Shopify’s extensive app store provides users with various add-ons to enhance their online store’s performance.
It is worth noting that Shopify’s popularity is not unfounded. With over a million businesses from around the world creating their online presence using the platform, Shopify has consistently proved itself as a robust and reliable e-commerce solution. From being able to handle large volumes of traffic to providing high levels of security and customer support, Shopify has many advantages.
Therefore, if you want to skyrocket your online business and have a reliable partner by your side every step of the way, choosing Shopify might be the way to go. With its many helpful features and easy-to-use interface, Shopify can help you create a successful online business venture that will keep growing and thriving over the years to come.
Now that you know everything about Shopify. You have to consider optimizing your Shopify store’s performance. With customizable reports and over 100 pre-built templates, Report Pundit gives you the insights that you always need to make informed decisions. Plus, with affordable pricing plans starting at just $9/month, it’s accessible for businesses of all sizes. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to take your Shopify store to the acme. Join our 14-day free trial or book a demo to schedule a call with our report experts today!
Did you know that 87% of Shopify merchants turn to third-party apps from the App Store to boost their business? There are numerous apps designed to ease the life of an e-commerce merchant and fuel Shopify store growth. Join the trend now! Try Report Pundit with a free 14-day trial or schedule a demo with us.